RMA Engineers is an energetic, medium-sized multidisciplinary engineering firm that has been providing services for more than 25 years across Queensland. In that time, the commitment to our vision of delivering the best engineering outcomes to our clients, every time, has seen us establish a highly-successful consultancy. We are quality-focused with a reputation for honesty, agility and innovative tailored design solutions. We are an agile and flexible team with offices in Toowoomba, Brisbane and Bundaberg.
Our people are at the very heart of our success. That’s why we are committed to developing and supporting talented, motivated graduates who are eager to launch their professional careers delivering to clients on varied and challenging projects.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer to join our Built Environment Team in the Toowoomba office.
About the role:
In this role, you will be exposed to:
- Technical delivery of projects in accordance with relevant standards including; 3d modelling (BIM), design and calculations;
- Quality practices;
- Commercial elements including; sales, invoicing and project performance;
- The opportunity to learn how to manage built environment projects and their design delivery;
- Undertake structural compliance inspections and witness your designs coming to life.
This diverse role will include design elements such as:
- Structural design and analysis of steel, concrete, timber and masonry elements and their integration into an overall building package;
- Civil design of spaces in and around building projects including bulk earthworks and finished site grading, stormwater, service and carparking.
- Fun team culture;
- Weekly gym sessions;
- Training and mentoring by highly experienced professionals across all RMA offices
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with structures;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering;
- Experience in: Spacegass, RC Buildings, and Revit (advantageous);
- Manual Drivers Licence;
- White Card (desirable);
- A keen interest in the built environment;
- A can do, team player attitude;
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
Future Development Potential:
At RMA our focus is recognising that engineers are all different and bring different strengths to an organisation. Our team will work with you in understanding your ‘sweet spot’ leading over time to potential roles of influence in the company that may include:
- Overall project leadership of multidisciplinary teams;
- Overall quality review and mentoring as a principal RPEQ engineer;
- Involvement in developing innovative new ways of delivering engineering services;
- Client management and business development opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced Structural Engineer who has a passion for structural work, eager to get involved and works well in a team environment. The preferred candidate will have effective time management skills, clear communication skills and a strong commitment to quality and safety standards.
If this sounds like you, please submit a cover letter addressing the above criteria and a copy of your resume via the apply button.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.